Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Our Group on a Walk

Our life has been a blur of activities, Grandma’s house and prepping for sale, our group of walking/hiking friends, and the Wi-Fi system at the RV Park.  I’m able to write a story, just about anything, every morning, but it takes a certain emotional state of mind to get started.  If I get up too early, like around 4:00AM, and then when blog writing time comes around later in the morning, I’m tired and need a nap, but some days I can just push right through and share my thoughts.

My life has always been planned for me, and I just need to show up when I’m supposed to, but my energy levels aren’t always at the highest peak.  Nap time, when needed, and happy hour, have been a regular part of our lives since we have been in Tucson.  Just yesterday, Anne-Marie said “You know, we could get a lot more done during the day, if we didn’t have to get back to the RV Park by 4:00PM.”, “But I like a little structure in my day” I thought.

Monday, last week, our gang of friends went for a walk to the multi-armed saguaro cactus.   Anne-Marie broke loose from the group to keep it a easy on her knees, before we left the flat ground, and took a shorter detour to avoid the rocky steep wash of a trail.  I didn’t know all of the plans about the hike, and when we got to the top, Maria dug into her pack, and started to pull out the red stocking hats for all of us to put on.
 DSC00932
This was a planned photo opportunity, and it was fun.  This is the best that my camera took.  Steve, Myself, Maria, Linda, Bill, and Lloyd, all with our Christmas hats.
DSC00920
Hills and vistas are available, just a short walk outside of the RV Park.
DSC00917
Way off in the distance, is a range of mountains, and the little bump that is alone on the right, is Ragged Top Mountain in the Ironwood Forest.  Anne-Marie and Steve and I visited the area last month, and it’s about 40 miles away.  As dry as the desert should be, most of the plants are green, except for the seasonal grasses, this picture shows the greens well.
DSC00944
This area had a lot of mining activity during the late 1800s and early 1900s.  Most of the abandoned mines were just that, simply walked away from, and the mine shaft left open.  This mine is one that had the hole covered, and is save to walk around.  Steve found a bright turquoise colored sample of copper ore here, but we really don’t know if that was what was the reason for the mine.
DSC00941
On the walk home on a abandoned mining road.  Copper Crest Development is in the distance.  This is the back yard to Steve’s new home, in Copper Crest.
DSC00947
We aren’t sure, but we think that this is a grave for someone's pet dog.  In Loving Memory of Brandi, Friend, Companion, Protector, April 13 1955. 

1 comment: