Monday, December 3, 2012

Trail Camera in Copper Crest

Anne-Marie and I have been real busy this last week, and If there is no update on the blog, it’s because I don’t have the time for writing the stories.  We went to a wine tasting in Sonoita with friends on Thursday.  Saturday I went on a hike over Sabino Canyon with the same group, stories and pictures to come later.  Today we are going on a easy hike behind the RV Park, and should be back by noon.  Wednesday there is a nine mile hike planned, that requires a lot of elevation gain and drop, and we will need two vehicles.  All these activities are making it challenging to do any shopping for some new hiking shoes.  Being retired with no obligations, and we are incredibly busy, and I don’t see how we were able to work, and get anything done, we just barely have time for happy hour.
SUNP0006
Yesterday, I did a shopping trip to Home Depot, and bought another seed block.  This is where I set the block out.
SUNP0031
The Javelina visited last night at 8PM and again at 10PM.  the camera took only 56 pictures, and at one time there were 9 javelina in the picture.  This was a interesting one for me, because of the mother Javelina with the little baby javelina, feeding on the seed block.  The baby looked to be nursing in the series of pictures, and always had its head buried in its mothers tummy. 
SUNP0052
This morning I walked out in front of the camera, in disbelief that the new seed block was gone.  This has been interesting, but I don’t think that I will provide a seed block every night for these animals.  I’ll leave the camera here for a while, in hopes of catching a bobcat or cougar, passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment