Friday, September 14, 2012

We are leaving Minneapolis, Minnesota, and on to points West

We arrived here in the KOA RV Park on the northwest side of Minneapolis on a gray Wednesday, and on our layover day we just did a few shopping errands.  Today we are traveling west, and our plans are to reach Mitchell, South Dakota.  After I have looked at the map of the US, I see 4 1/2 days of travel to reach central Washington, from Mitchell, so we should be there before the end of next week. 

A neighboring RVer here in this park has the same observations as I, about the Wi-Fi system here in the park.  Yesterday morning I got up before 5AM, started the coffee pot, turned on the TV, and started the lap top.  The TV and coffee pot were working away, and the computer came alive and was working, but no internet.  I logged into the antenna, this is the big one on the outside of the trailer, and all three of the RV Parks Wi-Fi radios are off.  I scanned and rescanned, looking for Wi-Fi systems, and they were gone.  I looked at maps on the Lap top, watched the news on TV, and drank coffee till a little after 6AM, and I checked for the RV Parks Wi-Fi radios, and they had two of the three on.  I checked for the other radio later on and it also was working.  The neighbor says that the park needs some help with the Wi-Fi system, and it is up and down during the day and at 2AM it goes off, and doesn’t return till 6AM.  They must have it on a timer to auto reset the equipment, but it doesn’t need to be for four hours.  During our travels, we seem to find RV Parks that have Wi-Fi issues, and if someone knows a little about radio, and networking, there is an opportunity to help some folks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment