Thursday, August 9, 2012

D&W Lake RV Park, Champaign, Illinois

We left South Bend, Indiana, and Eastern Standard Time Zone, and we have checked back in at this RV Park, and changed to Central Standard Time Zone.  The time zone change allowed us an extra hour yesterday, and I used mine as part of my afternoon nap.  Sara and Michael returned from Utah, and are back in their house, getting ready for the move to New York.  This next week will be a busy one readying their stuff for the movers.

PICT0001 (2)We traveled yesterday, and like all RV travelers at one time or another, we forgot to put away something.  In our haste to get on the road yesterday, Anne-Marie and I left the coffee maker, and the wire basket holding vegetables and fruit on the table.  Somewhere when I stepped on the breaks hard, the coffee maker, and wire basket, both fell onto the dinette seat.  The wire basket and contents had no problem, but the coffee maker did.  The top of the coffee maker had a hopper that was full of whole coffee beans, about 1/2 pound, and when it fell onto the dinette, it emptied all of the beans onto the already cluttered dinette, and then with the top lid emptied, on the first left turn it rolled onto the floor.  we had a mess of coffee beans on the dinette and floor, and the coffee maker broke the lid that covers the water reservoir.  The mess could have been worse if I had not yet cleaned the coffee maker, and if it was full of wet grounds, and we could have had broken glass, and a nonfunctioning coffee maker.  I haven’t found anyone who has traveled much, who hasn’t had something break.

One of the first things that I did after setting the trailer up, was to set out the trail camera.  I asked if it would be OK to set the camera out where Anne-Marie and I saw what we thought was a weasel, during our last visit.  The RV Park owner said that those little ground squirrels are all over here, and we described what each of us were seeing and it sounds like the same critter, but Anne-Marie and I saw the one catch a insect and eat it, and if I can get a better picture, we can correctly identify it.

Yesterday evening, Anne-Marie and I went out for a walk, and the next door neighbor stepped out of his motorhome, and asked me if I knew anything about the Internet and could I help them get their computer on line.  I thought that he knew me from Tucson, but no, they haven’t there, and I guess that I just look like I should know.  I ended up visiting with them for over and hour in their motorhome.  While I was adjusting our Wi-Fi antenna last night, two other residents out walking, stopped by to visit with me about our van, or the trailer, or the Wi-Fi antenna.  I think that I must have the “I’m easy to talk to” look about me also.  I believe that I spent over two hours visiting with neighbors last night.

1 comment:

  1. The visiting is part of what makes the travels so Great. Good for you being approachable like that. Maybe we will run across each other sometime during our travels. I know after we leave our son's place in Oregon we are traveling to Tombstone, Az.

    ReplyDelete