Thursday, August 16, 2012

Severe Weather in Tucson, and The Amish Store

Anne-Marie got a call from Christine, who owns the RV Park in Tucson, Arizona.  Christine seemed to just want to visit, and check up on us and our families, she is always asking about Anne-Marie’s Mother.  Christine said, a bad wind storm came through and knocked the mobile home over on its side, and it is a mess.  I installed a Wi-Fi radio on the side of the mobile home, and I was a bit concerned if they were salvageable.  Christine was inquiring about when we might return also, she and Doc both use our help, Anne-Marie in the kitchen for Thanksgiving dinner, and me for a little help with the Wi-Fi system.

Tuesday, I called Doc to get the information about the damage firsthand, and he thinks the Wi-Fi antennas are ok, but the mobile home is totaled, and  he already has someone lined up to clean the mess.  I asked about the internet service from the phone company, and he says that the state Public Utility Commission had no jurisdiction over this service.  Doc has already changed the internet service to a $400+ a month alternative service from the phone company, and it is a fraction of the bandwidth of the $55 a month DSL service, and he isn’t happy about any of it.  Doc is also battling Pima County over his tax assessment for the RV Park, and he feels that this is his biggest battle for now.  I find it interesting that everyone has periods of despair and anguish in life, some are just easier and quicker to fix than others, and Doc seems to have a pile on him for now.

Thursday, I got a call from Doc in Tucson, and the phone company sent him a letter from a technician wanting some programing information about the new equipment to be installed, and he would like me  to be the point of contact for the RV Park.  I told Doc that I could, but we are in Indiana today and will be in Ohio for the next week.  It sounds like all options are going to cost more, and more stress.

We are in a RV Park just south of Fort Wayne, Indiana, but just only for the night, and we have slow internet.

I have made reservations at a KOA in Sandusky, Ohio, for a week, starting on Friday.  This RV Park will put us on the water at Lake Erie, and close to town, and a lot of attractions.

DSC00766DSC00770
Anne-Marie and I went to the Amish country, and Beachy’s Bulk Foods, and I looked at the light fixtures really close.  I couldn’t see any lines from lights inside of them, but they were really bright.
DSC00775
I went outside and looked at the roof, and there are skylights all down the roof, and this is the source of an incredible amount of light inside of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment