Monday, August 13, 2012

Packing and Fixing Stuff

Anne-Marie and I are still in central Illinois, helping Sara and Michael ready the house and their belongings for the move to New York.
 PICT0274
Friday I was given the task of readying the saw painting for shipping.  The saw is a old sawmill round saw, 28 inches across, about 1/4 inches thick, and it weighs nearly 30 pounds, and it has a painting of Lost Lake, and Mt Hood in the distance on it.  This painting was done by a co-worker/friend Jerry Pickerd of Hood River Oregon, about 30 years ago.  The packaging of the saw to protect the acrylic paint from damage, and the still pointy kind of sharp teeth from hurting the movers, and adjacent furniture.  I was successful by using bubble wrap all around, heavy cardboard folded around the teeth, a flattened cardboard box glued to the whole mess, and then placed into another flattened box, with the leftover flaps folded over and glued down.  It looks like a giant manila envelope made out of cardboard.

Yesterday I got assigned the job of making the garage door, the one you walk into, be able to close, latch and lock.  I was successful with the door, and I made the door frame much more rigid, and the door latches every time it is shut. 

I’m happy with the finished projects, but they were frustrating and exhausting. With all other projects I have done for family and friends, I’m eager and almost begging to do a project, and I can identify parts and materials needed, even if it takes multiple trips to the hardware store, but once I start working on the project, I just hate it, and I am thinking what have I got myself into again.  Since I got retired, my skills of organizing, and craftsmanship, are next to non-existent from their levels before.  Around the trailer I can look at a repair job completed weeks ago, that looked perfect at the moment, and I was very pleased with the results,and see glaring errors of miss alignment.

The trail camera has been hard at work day and night.  The camera has only caught walkers, fishermen, people walking dogs, and the RV Park owners cat, and no wildlife.

We are moving the trailer Thursday, and again we have no travel plans, beyond moving away from here.  I’m ready to move away from here, the owners of the RV Park are really nice, the setting is great, but the water has a smell and taste that is unpleasant at best.  I have resorted to using bottled water for the coffee pot, and for drinking.  Anne-Marie has a greater sensitivity to odors and taste than I, but this is the first time I didn’t even like the coffee made with the tap water here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment