Friday, August 3, 2012

Photographing Birds and Laundry

Yesterday, was a laundry day here in St Ignace for Anne-Marie and I.  We found a Laundromat right downtown and that is where we spent a few hours yesterday afternoon.
DSCF0577
I would have thought that a business like this would be away from the water and the view, but all buildings downtown have a view of the water. 
DSCF0596DSCF0601
After we got the machines loaded and running, I went outside, and visited with a lady feeding the birds.  It looked to be so entertaining, that I got a camera.  The birds were a bit skittish, and this is about the best action shot that I got.  In an effort to get a close-up picture of the gulls, I got the Trail Camera out, and set it up under the van, and put some food on the ground right in front of it.
SUNP0077SUNP0064
This is some of the close-up pictures that the camera got.  I didn’t set the date, or time on the camera.  This young gull, couldn’t quite understand what the camera was.  I had a lot of out-of-focus pictures, because the birds were too close to the camera.

Today is a traveling day for us. We have a appointment with the Airstream Dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan, this afternoon.  The outside gasket of our slide is coming loose, and has been pinched and torn.  Craig at Woodland RV, has a overnight hookup for the trailer, and we will be spending only one night there.  Our travel plans after Grand Rapids is unknown, we haven’t even looked at a map yet.  I haven’t seen Lake Erie yet, maybe we could go that direction.

When I was in school, I had no interest in the Great Lakes area, but now it is really quite interesting.  Every town we have been in has a unique and fascinating history, and we want to return to them and see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment