Saturday, August 4, 2012

Woodland Travel Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan

Anne-Marie and I pulled the trailer To Grand Rapids, Michigan yesterday, and we are all hooked up with power and water here at the Airstream Dealer, Woodland Travel Center.  The slide gasket got replaced, and a few rivets were also replaced.  The gasket is a black foam material that is glued around the edge of the slide, like a gasket on a car door.  It’s been coming loose for a year, and I intended to replace it myself, but the few RV places that I asked about what kind of material do I use, I would only get a shrug of the shoulders.  Being a two person job, I’m happy to have had it done here, and it looks like new. 

Again, we visited the local Penzey’s Spice Store, yesterday.  Anne-Marie doesn’t need much time, as she knows the general store layout.

Woodland Travel Center does rebuilds, and restorations on older Airstreams, and can make a 40 year old trailer look like new.
DSC01536DSC01537
This rebuild, is going to be new everything inside, and all upgraded to modern appliances.
DSC01538
Even a washer/dryer in this custom rebuild.  They have a cabinet shop in one of the work areas.
DSC01534DSC01532
This trailer isn’t as far along in the rebuild, the walls are done and the basic framework is started with the cabinetry.
DSC01539
This Airstream was here for a polishing.

These are the things that I dreamed of with my shop.  Retirement can come swift and fast, and without any planning.  Instead of being a fixer and builder of things, Anne-Marie and I are perpetually on vacation, and I think that this is working well for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment