Friday, August 10, 2012

No Critters on the Trail Camera

We are parked at the RV Park near Champaign, Illinois, and we will be staying until Wednesday next week.  Last night we all went out to dinner at the Red Lobster, and a storm passed through, I bet that over two inches of rain came down during the time we were in the restaurant, and was all over in 20 minutes.

Yesterday the trail camera only got me, and the person mowing the lawn.  There is a hole in the ground right at the base of the pole where the lawnmower tire is, and I was hoping that the weasel was still using it. 
SUNP0002
I checked the camera yesterday morning, and there were no pictures, till I got close.
SUNP0013
The day that Anne-Marie and I saw the weasel, it was nearly a month ago, and the grass looked unmowed at the time.  I hope that the lawnmower hasn’t driven the little animals into the higher grass.
DSC00802
This is the picture from a month ago, and the little guy is standing in front and center in the picture.  The grass is taller, here.  Tomorrow, I’ll look for another place to put the camera, if it doesn’t catch anything.

Yesterday, we went out in search of packing supplies, and I think that when we start grabbing and packing stuff, that it will go pretty fast.  Last night, Sara and Michael sold their downstairs couch.  The couch was the only thing to sit on in the TV room, and it was a quiet place for a nap during the daytime, I’m going to miss that couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment