Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wi-Fi and Our House in the night

I have been tinkering with the Wi-Fi stuff here in the RV Park, and the more that I look, the more projects that I find.  This summer the area had a severe rain and wind storm, there was flooding all over the valley, roads washed out, roads covered with rocks and gravel, and things blown over.  Here in the RV park, a mobile home was blown over onto its side, by what was described as a tornado, and the mobile home had a Wi-Fi antenna attached to it.  The mobile home has been totaled, and has yet to be all cleaned out and removed, but the antennas had little damage, and have been temporally relocated.  The big antenna at the office was broken during this storm, and is only temporally attached, and needs a permanent fix.  Another antenna in the front of the RV Park, is attached to a power pedestal, and the rain softened the ground, and the wind caused the whole thing to lean, and now the antenna needs to be moved down the line to a straight pedestal.  The office got a new internet vender and new equipment, and I need to spend a few hours labeling and arranging the equipment and wires, so Christine can work around the office.  A park model in the front of the park, has a antenna and equipment inside it, and I need to reconfigure that system to put another radio on line.  I have another radio in the storage room, and a antenna pole stored next to the office, and all this needs to be put into service before the park fills up.  These projects are really small, and should only take a few hours each, and when I was working, it would be a long days job, but I’m older, slower, not as strong, my organizational skills are nonexistent, and all work stops for naptime and the sacred happy hour.

Happy Hour seems to involve the whole neighborhood in our corner of the RV park, and last night we all gathered at Rick and Jeanny’s.  As the other folks arrive for the season, the Happy Hour crowd can grow to 12+ people, and involves food and drink somewhere every night. 
DSC00416
Last night when we walked across the street, this is what our house looked like, the picture doesn’t show it as well as it was.
SUNP0001SUNP0009
The trail camera and seed block has been moved to a better viewing area for us, but I may need to move the seed block closer to the camera.  These are the only series of pictures that the camera took yesterday, a dove resting on the camera tripped it, and a neighbor walked in for a closer look.  I think that the camera is missing some of the action, and I really want to catch the larger animals.

Today is haircut day for Anne-Marie and I.  Maria from next door is a Licensed Stylist in Florida and here in Arizona, and is waiting for a position to open in a local salon, and we will let her work her magic on our hair.  I told Maria, that when I take a nap in the afternoon, my hair on the back of my bald head really sticks out, and is in bad need of getting fixed, and she said she can solve that for me.

1 comment: