Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All Done with the Brakes

We are parked in Hood River Oregon, and the weather has been nice to us, no clouds and 70s during the day.
DSC00066
This is our house parked in Hood River, with Mt. Adams in southern Washington showing in the distance.  This was taken at sunset with the new camera.  As I have a problem learning anything new, I would like one of our friends in Tucson to buy a camera just like this, and show me how to use some of the neat features.
DSC00031
I finally got the brakes done on the van.  I parked in the back lot of the parts house, and as fast as I could get one off, the machinist started to work on it and was done by the time I had the second one off.  He was faster at surfacing the rotors than I at dealing with tools.  The brakes should be good for another three years.  I seem to do my mechanical work in parking lots, and RV Parks now that I don’t have a shop anymore.
DSC00035
Full Sail Brewing in this wide picture.
DSC00032DSC00033
Back in the day, when I was still working, I used to take care of the phone system in their plant.  The whole operation has doubled in size since then, and I have seen their beer as far East as South Carolina.

Anne-Marie and I haven’t any firm plans for the rest of the week, and I have my annual physical on Monday, and we hit the road on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment