Friday, October 26, 2012

The New Hensley has Arrived

The new Hensley Hitch arrived yesterday about 4:00PM and the sun wasn’t on this side of the trailer any longer, so I decided to wait till today for the weather to be warm enough to wrestle the heavy thing around.
DSC00204
Three boxes of parts, and the UPS guy set the boxes right close by.
DSC00201DSC00200
These new parts look newer than the advertised refurbished.  The old carriage sure looks beat-over.  The new sleeves have a webbing part welded between them, if the old ones had that, it’s long gone.  I left the old hitch linkage attached to the trailer frame, so I could tell where the new stuff goes to, and what adjustments to set them at.

I called Hensley this morning, and asked if this was a new or refurbished hitch, and they said that it is refurbished with new parts as necessary, to be as good as new.  I can’t detect any wear on anything, and all of the stress points that I found on the old hitch, look to be new and unused on the one I received.  Gotta go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment