Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dinner at the Tsunami Bar and Grill in Wheeler Oregon

Our first full day of visiting Andrew and Amanda, found us having a early dinner at the Tsunami Bar and Grill, right on the water of Nehalem Bay.  Wheeler is a small town on the bay, with a business area about three blocks long, and is located south of Nehalem.  The whole town looks out over the waters of Nehalem Bay, and the busy docks with small open boats of salmon fishermen or folks with crab pots and floats in their boats.  The restaurant had outdoor seating on the deck overlooking the docks and the water of the bay, but being dressed a little light we choose the indoor seating next to a window for nearly the same experience.  We were able to see the gulls come and go on the docks, and resting on the piers, during this time a Cormorant came coasting in on his huge wingspan and landed on the dock to rest for a few minutes, and several minutes later a Blue Heron landed on the dock and rested a bit.  All of the bird activities were happening with diners at their tables on the deck.  When our food arrived, the hamburger that I has ordered was a bit larger and taller then I had anticipated.  The burger had a meat patty that was just under 1 inches thick with blue cheese crumbles resting on top of the thick slices of bacon, and the other side had a big pile of lettuce, tomato and onions.  When assembled the burger pile was about as tall as a coffee cup, even after I had mashed it down,I held it up and took a bite.  This is just too big to eat by hand, I just knew that if I kept biting at the edges, I would eventually get hamburger on my nose and forehead, and maybe even on the sides of my face to my ears.  I resorted to cutting the whole thing into small pieces and eating it with a fork.

The Tucson RV Park Wi-Fi Dilemma has Been Resolved
Monday early during our travel day, Bob from Tucson called me to ask about the Wi-Fi system of the RV Park.  Bob is installing new internet service to the RV Park, as the internet service provided by the phone company is going away.  Bob had installed a new internet route for the park and it uses antennas to reach their office in downtown Tucson, and he was wanting to switch the park service over today.  I described the system, best as I could remember, and Bob felt he had a plan to transition away from the DSL service.  I called Bob later in the day, to check on the progress, and he was long ago done and on to another project.  The RV Parks internet service remains continuous and when we arrive, I only have some minor tinkering to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment