Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bad Things Happen in Three’s

DSC00120
We took a short drive around Hood River, wasting time and looking at the fall colors, and we came upon this tree .  I believe that once the leaves change to this color, they only hang on the tree for a few days before dropping.

A couple of days ago I had a challenge fixing leaks in the plumbing under the sink, and causing more of a leak, but that is all well now.  Yesterday morning I started to drain the black water tank, and as always I turned on the tank flush valve, this is a valve in the water inlet compartment, and I have a hose connected from the valve to the black water flush inlet.  I could hear the water going into the tank as it was draining, and I opened the grey water tank drain valve to flush it.  I closed the black water tank drain valve, and went into the trailer.

Sitting on the couch I could smell something not good, but I wrote it off to the back water tank being drained.  Anne-Marie sat on the couch, and she could smell it too, and the smell was only around the couch area.  I got up and walked to the door, and looked back to see dog crap on the floor in front of my side of the couch.  We cleaned it up, and I went out side and scrubbed my shoe on the grass.

After all of this I went out to the van and started it, while waiting for Anne-Marie to finish getting ready to leave, and she came out of the trailer shouting “I can hear water running into the black water tank, you didn’t turn the water off.”  I ran to the back of the trailer, and water was dripping from areas that I haven’t seen drips from, ever.  I pulled the black water tank valve open, to drain it again, and turned off the flush valve line.  I went into the trailer, and water had come into the bathroom, around the toilet.  We had to visit the Laundromat to wash the bathroom rugs, and the towels that were used to mop up the water.

Bad things seem to happen in threes, and I never have figured it out, but there always seems to be three together.

No comments:

Post a Comment