Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A hot day in Illinois

Hot and hot, there is no escape from the heat.  Yesterday I tinkered with Sara and Michael's white car, the one that was sold and returned.  I have a code reader for auto error codes, and it has a low rpm misfire.  I went to an auto parts store and got about 5 different solutions, in addition to a tune-up to resolve the issue.  I looked at the air-filter, unplugged wire connections, reconnected wire connectors, struggled with reassembly of the air filter, checked the oil, shrugged my shoulders, closed the hood and went for a drive.  It’s hot and I’m sweating, I decide to go to Wal-Mart for oil, and the engine runs poorly at low speeds, I speed up and it runs good, and I look up and I just ran a stop-sign.  I’m closer to Wal-Mart, and I jap the throttle, and misfiring quits and the engine runs great.  I buy oil at the store, and return home, the engine runs great.  Add oil, and quit working on car, tell Sara and Michael, sell car as is and needing a tune-up.

 

I was outside for about 2 hours, and once again I was zapped for energy, the heat index was way over 100 again.  I seem to take about 12 hours to recover from activity in the heat, like this.

 

Today is a tour day, and we are traveling south to visit the Amish folks around Rockome gardens and Arcola, Illinois.  I’ve been up since before 5AM today and I hope that my energy level keeps up with Grace and Sara’s for the day.

 

Tomorrow is a travel day for Anne-Marie and I.  We are pulling the trailer first east to Indianapolis Indiana, to visit a Big O Tire store.  The trailer tires need rotating, there are three axels and the back tires loose tread first, so this will balance tire life.  The van has hardly any tread on the two back tires, and I don’t want the inconvenience of a flat tire when pulling the trailer. 

 

After the tires are taken care of, we are heading north, somewhere a bit cooler, and we will figure it out when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment