Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cracker Barrel & Penzey’s Spices

Yesterday, we pulled the trailer from Austin, Minnesota, to Madison Wisconsin.  We made a lunch stop at the Cracker Barrel in Wisconsin Dells, and it was a pretty good Cracker Barrel experience.  The neighborhood is quite busy around Wisconsin Dells, the mapping program that I use shows 9 amusement parks, 25 campgrounds, and 102 motels in a ten mile circle.  There are a lot of water parks, big water parks, some next to the highway, and we could see that they were full of kids, all this in the heat of the day.  This would have been great for us, back when our kids were younger, there is a lot for families to do.

Shortly after setting up the trailer at the Madison KOA RV Park, the trailer hadn’t cooled off with the A/C on, so we left the trailer to cool.  Anne-Marie and I had a shopping list for several stores, Camping World, Home Depot, and Penzey’s Spices. 

The Camping World and Home Depot stores created projects for me, and I have found storage space for the supplies, and I hope I don’t forget the supplies, or the projects they were purchased for.  I tend to buy parts, store them, and forget the project, the parts, and the storage space, only to rediscover the project at a later date, and I can’t remember where the parts are.

Penzey’s Spices is a place for many sizes and styles of your most used spices
DSC00685
Anne-Marie in the kitchen display area of the store.  It was after this picture that the store clerk cautioned me about the company policy about pictures inside the store, “personal use only”, and then something I didn’t understand, and the word “internet”, and I replied with “OK”.  I turned the flash off on the camera, and took a few more pictures, I think it’s OK.  Anne-Marie uses a lot of spice stuff, with every thing she cooks, and keeping track of where the Penzey’s Spice stores are located, is very important to her for replenishing spice supplies.
DSC00684
This is a wide view of some displays, there is a lot of spice stuff here.  When we entered the front door, and throughout the store, the wonderful smells of spices were in every corner.  All spices have a sample jar or container to smell of, and some caution is necessary with the red powders.  In one store I took the sample jar and shook it, opened the lid and took a small smell of the red dust cloud, and immediately had a fit of sneezing, the clerk said that the chili powder does that to a lot of people.  I don’t shake the jars of the red stuff before I smell any more.

We are here in Madison till Thursday, when we are moving the trailer to Champaign, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment