Sunday, July 8, 2012

Saturday Farmers Market, Urbana, Illinois

Saturday morning Anne-Marie and I had to hurry our morning routine to get over to Sara’s, early enough to run downtown to the Farmers Market.  We were at Sara’s before 9:00AM, with plenty of time for browsing the market.
DSC00729
The market has all of the typical vendors, that can be found in nearly any city.  Bread and baked items were available from over a half dozen vendors, fresh local vegetables, popcorn, waffles, even some Amish folks with their unique jams, jellies, and syrups.  I visited the Amish booth, to buy their Mild Jalapeno Mayo & Mustard spread, but when we got home I found that I picked up the Zesty Habanero Mayo & Mustard Spread, I hope it’s not too hot.
 DSC00731
There were some street musicians, and this one with the flute, looked to be a free spirit.
DSC00733
The political booths were mostly grouped together, and I was sure to wear my T-shirt from Funks Grove, Illinois, to not look like an out of Towner, and I guess I looked like I should be interested in the local politics, because most all of them approached me to be interested in their cause.  Anne-Marie, Sara, Grace, and I made a fairly complete tour of the Market, and the heat drove us home early.
DSC00738
The banner picture shows that our trailer is backed up to a corn field, and the heat hasn’t hurt it much, and this wide picture shows how close the lake is to us, just across the road.  Last night there was a resident trying to catch a fish, and as the sun was setting, the water was like glass, and reflecting the heat and light into his face, too hot for me.  The water that is supplied to us, here at the RV Park, has a little bit of color to it, Anne-Marie calls it green.  I installed a new water filter out side, when we arrived, and I have a new filter for the under the sink filter system, and Anne-Marie is encouraging me to change the inside one soon.  The inside system only feeds the little instant hot water tank and its faucet, and the drinking water water faucet, and it is supposed to catch all of the bugs and cooties, and help the taste. 
DSC00742DSC00743
The heat has been a big concern here in the central states, and the thermometer in the van usually gets a little higher than the true temp, when its just parked in the sun.  These show the hottest I’ve ever seen the temp, and as the van moves, the temp falls to the true outside numbers, it was 100+ something.

We seem to be bothered with an occasional small fly, something like a fruit fly sized little bug.  These little bugs are hard to catch, and they like to be in my area of vision, somewhere between my face and whatever I’m looking at, and sometimes even on the inside of my reading glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment