Monday, July 9, 2012

Green Water and a Weasel/Ermine

Anne-Marie and I saw a small weasel yesterday, just two houses away from Sara and Michael’s house.  The small weasel was in the street, next to the curb, and it looked to have a body about the size of a mouse, only about three times longer, and a tail that was hairy, but not bushy.  The total length wasn’t much more than 10 inches, nose to the tip of the tail.  The critter loped across the street, in the typical weasel/ mink fashion, and once into the lawn area, it stood up on its hind legs and looked back at us in the van, and worked its way across the lawn area to the neighbors garage.  Anne-Marie and I parked the van in Sara’s driveway, and I grabbed the camera, and walked back to where I saw the weasel.  The weasel loped across the driveway, and just into the grass, next to the garage, and raised up on it’s back legs to look back at me, I wasn’t even to the far edge of the drive way, 25ft or so, and it disappeared.   There was a hole in the sod, at the edge of the pavement, and runways in the grass, branching out from the hole, and the hole to its burrow was small, like a gopher hole.  I wanted in the worst way to knock on the neighbors door to ask permission to set up my trail camera, but I have restrained myself, maybe today.

The water provided in the park has a green tinge to it.  Anne-Marie washed dishes last night, and it wasn’t obvious in the sudsy wash water, but the rinse water, has a green look to it, almost like a herbal tea color.  I have been instructed to install the new inside water filter, and to use filtered water for the morning coffee.
DSC00744
Yesterday the weather got a bit cooler, as we had some thunder boomers pass over the area, and last night we had a large red sunset, and this picture doesn’t quite do justice to it.

DSC00748
Our trailer is at the far corner of the RV Park, and I’m trying to show the vastness of the field of crops.  I haven’t figured out which way is down hill, and I don’t know how the water can find it’s way to the streams and rivers.

Todays adventure if we have the energy, is a trip to Rockome Gardens, and the Amish Community.  Michael and Sara took us to visit the area, two years ago, and Anne-Marie and I both have our own shopping lists for Amish made items, if we get back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment