Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sometimes It’s a Struggle

When we are moving, and catching up with friends like Steve, from Tucson, we will have two or three daily news worthy adventures or tours to report about, but that isn’t always the case when we are visiting with family.  Our Granddaughter Grace, is busy, really busy.  Sara is on the verge of being uncomfortable, and unrested all of the time, from expecting another baby, and chasing Grace all day.  Michael is studying near constantly for the New York Bar exam, and he has note pages scattered about the house, just incase he finds himself without a study aid in hand, he should find one close by.  Michael’s biggest hurdle, as I see it, is being interested in legal stuff that in my opinion is a bit uninteresting.

I have been given a few projects around the house, and I got to visit the local Home Depot for parts and materials, and that was my treat for the day.

Here in  the Mid-Western States, the biggest local news is the heat, and yesterday, the temp was over 100 and the heat index is 110 or so.  The heat index has something to do with the sopping wet muggy humid air, and some amount of heat, and added together makes it feel hotter than the heat alone.

I have a nifty camera, it’s a Sony, and I have used it for most of the blog pictures, and what I liked about it was that it is simple, and if I get it in a mode that doesn’t work, I can just turn it off, and it gets back to easy mode.  being easy is good, but the on-off button is big, and it seems to get turned on in my pocket, or when in its case.  The camera, when its trying to come alive in the case, looses its battery charge, and this can mean a lost photo-op, and this happened in Tucson when a rattlesnake visited us during happy hour, I lost precious time, first running to get the dead camera, then running back to the trailer to get the standby camera.  I have looked at the next model up of the Sony camera’s, and  those that cost a little more, have a better engineered on-off button, smaller and recessed.  I want a camera that doesn’t come on in my pocket, and I’m working on getting into the correct emotional state of mind, to make the decision on what model to get.  The emotional wellbeing is something I have to work on to keep guilt at bay, so I study and justify the upgrade.

This morning the planned activity is a trip to the Farmers Market in Urbana, and Sara says we need to be early to get the good stuff, because a lot of venders run out of the good items.

2 comments:

  1. Go for the new camera. Keep one in the car all the time. One in the trailer and one in your pocket! You can blame it on me if guilt creeps in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll get one the first chance I get, and that’s where I keep them, now.

    ReplyDelete