Thursday, July 12, 2012

Still dealing with RV Park Internet issues

Yesterday found Anne-Marie and the girls deciding that it would be a great day to have a shopping trip.  Sara had been house bound for a few days, and was being a little stir crazy, and as I like to say “needed to shake the house smell out of her clothes”. 

I welcomed the quiet time in the house, because Michael was studying at the Library, and there would be no distractions for a good nap.  Not ten minutes into the, winding down time and my cell phone rings, “Steve? This is Doc, from the RV Park in Tucson”.  I haven’t spoken with Doc since we left Tucson the end of April, and this really eroded into nap time, to the point that it just wasn’t going to happen today.  Doc has been receiving correspondence from the local phone company since June 13th, about the DSL Internet service that serves the RV Park, and the phone company would like Doc to change his service to a dedicated circuit, and away from the DSL system.  My mental state went from a near slumber, to about sixty miles per minute. 

The Internet service providers, phone companies, cable TV companies, and even the cell phone companies, are running our of internet bandwidth, and they all have conditions of use policies in place, and some of them are measuring service by the total amount of data used, and not just the size of the data pipe.  The Phone company also has rules about reselling their service, when DSL is used.  The people that I called at the Phone Company, only knew a small part of their system, and I find this a bit frustrating.  The Phone Company Representatives only know that the data use is high, and a business account, and needs to be off the DSL service soon, or be working on a solution to limit or balance internet use.  The circuit solutions are very expensive $500-800+ per month, and make checking into cable TV for the internet service as another option. 

On the phone for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday, and a lot of agony over what can be the least expensive solution, kept my stress level up.  Internet access is important for all of us, and more so with travelers, to keep in contact with family.  When I was still working, I dealt with emotional issues of this magnitude on a daily basis, and I don’t know how I continued for as long as I did, and it probably contributed to my health issues that got me an early retirement.  We have a solution somewhat sorted out, and a fall back plan if the phone company service doesn’t continue, I just hope that it doesn’t cost too much.  I just wish that Doc had called a bit sooner.

Today another trip to the hardware store, and I hope to have the window well cover done, and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment