Thursday, July 5, 2012

Traveling south today

Anne-Marie and I are moving the trailer south to Champaign, Illinois today.  This should be a easy drive of 259 miles, as there are no mountains in the way.  We will get to drive on a section of Toll Road, in northern Illinois, and there is not an easy way around it for towing a trailer.  We attempted to travel an alternate route last summer, and there were stop signs and stop lights, at nearly every crossroad, and the toll saved didn’t offset the the panic stops and longer travel times to avoid a couple of dollars in toll.  We have signed up for a weeks stay at D&W Lake camping and RV Park, and It is 13 miles from Sara & Michael’s house, and this is as close as we can get.  Their house is for sale, and the trailer parked in front, may let a prospective home buyer drive by and not see that the house is for sale. 

I don’t know what our length of stay is going to be, as I ‘m not in the planning loop, but my short-term memory issues may have lost what the plan is, and I might have been told what the plan is, but I have just forgotten that I was told.  I do quite well with what is the plan for today, and I can recall what we did yesterday, if I took pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment