Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Outside projects yesterday

The plans that I had for yesterday, just didn’t fall together.  The Amish community trip got pushed out till today, The weasel is still running free, and undocumented, not photographed.  The weasel, or another one has been in Sara and Michael’s yard and at the next door neighbors.  The neighbor thought that it was a chipmunk like squirrel, and it was using a hole in their lawn as a home.  The kids would shoo it off, if it ventured into the lawn when they were playing.  They haven’t seen it for about two months, I guess it moved a few houses over.

Sara and Michael’s white car had non-functioning A/C, and it had an appointment to get fixed, and this cut into the afternoon too deeply for the Amish community trip. 

I worked some on one of my chosen projects, and in the true fashion of all of my volunteering to be helpful, I have started to dread and dislike this project, because of the multiple trips to the hardware store.  Every little design bug that I work through, means another trip to the hardware store, and I lost focus yesterday late afternoon.  I now have all of the parts cut to size, and I just need to drill holes and use the rivet tool to finish it up.
DSC00750
The project, it’s a cover for a window well.  Home Depot didn’t have the proper size in stock, so I am building one based on the neighbors cover.  This will get finished tomorrow.

DSC00751
My helper audience, Grace our Granddaughter with the glasses, and the Neighbor’s daughter.

We were busy all afternoon, and I didn’t even get a nap.  I didn’t get anything done, but I did make a lot of headway on the window well cover, seems that engineering problems, and lack of a shop with work benches add building challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment